We decided to go the long way so we could see more around the country and wow, I'm so glad we did. It was absolutely breathtaking. The mountains, glaciers, farms, all right next to the black pebble beaches are just amazing. We had to stop at the nice N1 again as well on the way to get Pepperoni pizza too! (It had mushrooms and peppers and yumminess on it too). It wasn't quite as windy today and I didn't need the guys to hold me down so I wouldn't fly away again, but it was still windy!
The blue lagoon was a place none of us really had any expectations of going to as it seemed too touristy and pricey to go too. When we arrived, we explored the walking trails around the man made mistake and the blue water was actually beautiful. None of us could resist not going in! So we got out bathing suits and some clean clothes and entered the abyss of the lagoon. It was a tad bit pricey, but worth it! We bought our tickets and headed back towards the changing rooms. I don't know what the male one was like, but the female one was huge, and we were given wrist bands to use for lockers where you put your stuff in the locker, close the door and then have to scan the wrist bracelet to lock it. In all the hot pots in Iceland, you have to shower naked first before entering. This lagoon was no different. Showering naked, then putting the bathing suit on and then you can exit the changing rooms. Aaron and willie were waiting in the first pool and then Alan came in after me. There was a little door within the first tub that led us outside. The pools were huge, and there were hot spots and cooler spots throughout. We walked around in the pools for a while and then found the first mask area where we put on masks! So cool. They had to stay on for 5-10 minutes and then when they started to dry, we dunked our faces and washed them off. The package we paid for included a drink and an extra aloe mask. So we ventured to the bar and Aaron got a beer, I got the green smoothie and the other boys got strawberry smoothies. All pretty good! We got our aloe mask at the bar as well and had to warm it up in our palms first and then put it on our faces. This mask felt much better than the other one and actually softened and moisturized us! We continued hanging out and relaxing in the pools and then everyone seemed to disperse a bit. I started to follow them slowly, but these two large guys came towards me with amazing hats and I wanted to take a photo of them! So I did and then they started talking to me. It turns out that they are top chefs in Finland!! To make a very long story short and I will get into more details eventually. They invited us over to their apartment in Rejk for a special tasting of some reindeer meat! Aaron and I talked to them for a while actually.
The sunset looked as if it wasn't going to be good, so we stayed longer in the pools and then eventually got out, showered, with extra conditioner (the properties of the lagoon make your hair dry), and went back to our vans to cook some dinner. Spaghetti with sauce and red peppers and couscous! We slept in the nice hotel parking lot of the blue lagoon and were more protected from the winds than we had been the whole trip!




No comments:
Post a Comment